The Family DOORS online training program assists professionals to use the Family DOORS in everyday practice. This fully supported training will help professionals to:
- discover the mechanics of DOORS screening
- learn how to elicit client background efficiently
- detect and respond to the ‘Big Five’ risks after separation
- apply coordinated responses to identified patterns of risk
The Family DOORS online training program has been developed by the Australian Institute of Social Relations and is based on the Family Law DOORS Handbook. To find out more about the authors of the Family Law DOORS Handbook click here.
Who can participate?
This training program has been specifically designed for all helping professionals, including family law practitioners, counsellors, psychologists and social workers.
Participants who complete the online training will receive a Certificate of Completion, which may be used towards Professional Development (PD) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD). It is advisable to liaise with your relevant professional body about their mandatory requirements if you are intending to claim for PD or CPD.
Training Program Format
The training program is provided as an interactive online course involving audiovisual presentations, video lectures and interviews, video case demonstrations, interactive case studies and quizzes. We estimate the learning and associated activities will take eight hours to complete. You can work through these at your own pace over a ten week period.
The topics covered are:
2. What do we mean by risk?
3. Why screen?
4. The research on risk
5. How to use the DOORS
6. Reading the DOOR 2 report
7. Responding to risks
To access and use the online training, learners will require:
- A stable internet connection sufficient to stream video content is required. ADSL 2+ or higher is recommended.
- Google Chrome is the recommended browser, but browsers should conform to the minimum specifications as outlined below:
- Cookies must be enabled
- Adobe Flash must be supported by the browser
- Pop-ups from the site must be allowed
|Browser||Minimum Version||Recommended Version|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer||10||Latest|
Technical requirements for the Family DOORS App are available here.
The cost of this online training program is $175 (including GST).
If you do not find the delivery of this online learning accessible for your needs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternatives.
AVERT Family Violence Basics Course
Understand the dimensions, dynamics and impact of family violence.
AVERT Family Violence Screening & Safety Planning Course
Detect risks early and safety plan effectively.